Turkana county 2022 gubernatorial race is now getting hot after seven individuals declare interest in the seat. Among the seven, are four who are planning to contest using United Democratic Alliance (UDA) ticket.
The quartet who are allied to the incumbent Josphat Nanok include the County Assembly Speaker Erastus Lokaale, Turkana Central Member of Parliament John Lodepe, his Turkana South counterpart James Lomenen and politician Malachy Ekal.
Early next year, IEBC will announce dates when party primaries will take place and, therefore, in the county, United Democratic Alliance (UDA) officials will conduct the nominations for the gubernatorial seat. The four will be subjected to the tough contest and whoever emerges victorious will fly the party’s flag.
The rest who are eyeing the position include Petroleum Cabinet Secretary John Munyes, former Senate Speaker Ekwee Ethuro and Loima Member of Parliament Jeremiah Lomurkai.
This comes after Nanok ditched Orange Democratic Movement (ODM) and former prime minister Raila Odinga, and joined Dr Ruto’s camp in preparation for 2022 general election.
This follows after he fallout with his boss Raila. He accused the former prime minister of failing to address challenges facing the Turkana community despite them supporting him.
Nanok was appointed as Rift Valley UDA coordinator, making him one of the deputy president’s point men in the region. He is now spearheading Dr Ruto’s 2022 presidential bid in the region.
In Nanok’s observation, aspirants who are running for various seats in next year’s polls should join UDA and fight for the party ticket. He will be retiring in 2022 after serving his two terms.
- Reactions After This Former Senior Statehouse Employee Joins Hustler Nation
- K24 Polls : Ruto’s UDA beats Raila’s ODM, Here Are The Interesting Results
- Moses Kuria Vows to Continue Supporting Ruto
- Susan Muratha Kihara Withdraws From Vying For UDA’s Crucial County Seat To Announce Next Move
- DP Ruto allies jostling for UDA tickets in primaries
- Division In UDA AS Hassan Omar Is Sidelined for Muhammad Ali for Mombasa Governorship.